Friday, April 09, 2004

So there I was, waiting for something significant to happen so I could finally begin my blog. If I write something that is uninteresting to me, why the hell would I want to read about it again some time down the road? Nevermind a third person voyeuring into my thoughts. "The first step to immortality is to first live a life worth remembering." I think it was Bruce Lee that said that. But, isn't there a saying that life is what happens when one is planning other things? So as I sat and waited apperently life was happening all around me. Since I'm a product of my envoirement I realised it's not about writting about me, it's more about what I witness and see. So instead of writing about the boring dude on the couch I decided to write about what he was watching on tv.

I love the idea of a blog. I did a similar thing with my e-mails of when I was in hawaii two years ago so I can at once keep in touch with the outer world to tell them I havn't fallen over the edge of the planet aswell as keep a running record of my experiences so I can ponder them again some time down the road. I got the idea from my cousin Lynn writting about her adventures of her year in Florida and up and down the coast. I used to love waiting for her next e-mail, kinda like the next instalment of an interesting book. With me looking more and more likely to move to Calgary for at least half of every month I saw the need once again for this type of thing.

This being Good Friday, I think now is a good time to start reflecting. And not in a shiney piece of foil kinda way.