Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Ain't no cure...



...for the summertime blues. What do you call one that is sick as a sick dog that is really really sick? Me! This morning I'm finally feeling better but I'm going to give myself the rest of the day and start my week tomorrow. With an issue comeing out and KP leaving for Kamloops on Sat 0600 I'm going to have a very busy couple of days. I need to practice the cup trick for binasuan. I'm having a hard time with it because my gutt is too big now. If it comes down to it I'm going to shite it on purpose and just make it look like a funny accedent.



So it's been too long since I've blogged. The year aniversary of the Belgium tour has come and gone. According to those back there the festival wasn't as good as it was last year and none of the groups were as good as we were. And recently we've been told that next summer KP will be KPPST.


Since it is a year later much of my memories from those days is curupted with time I'll conclude with some lasting memories from the end of KPBT.

Gong...gong...gong... backstage KP was preparing for it's encore. For the past 5 or so mins after our final curtain a rythmic *clap...clap...clap* has been echoing around festivalhal growing louder and louder. Then came the gongs which somewhat quieted the restless crowd who continue to clap. Then came the drums and then Vinta. With legs burning and exhaustion both physical and mental using up every ounce of concentration, the festival saw us entertain for the last time. Too bad such a dramatic ending wasn't the end as we basically hung around the rest of the night in costume waiting for the closing ceramonies which seemingly took forever. I remember taking stage with the other countries wondering wtf was going on with my customary super fake smile etched on my face. I don't remember specifically but chances are we got drunk that night.

The next morning Pat and I gathered our things and I took one last walk through the house and we along with our host familly gathered with the rest of the KPers at festivalhal. It looked much different that next day. Much like it did the first day I arrived in Edgem. Half struck it looked like a neglected characture of it's former glory of just a few hours before. I walked around with my carmera, into our change room and around past the bar and back out. I'd rather remember it when it was a stage, our home for the previous 10 days. This shell in a gym, I don't know at all. Too bad I didn't think to walk upstairs just to take a look. I didn't even see our change room up there. Back outside we said our sad good byes and exchanged phone numbers and e-mail addys and took a gagillion pics. We loaded on the bus and we were gone. Goodbye Edegem, I miss you already.

The bus ride to Dendermonde was fun. Everyone was excited to begin the next/last fabulous step in our tour. The town of Dendermonde was beautiful, more of a city than Edegem was. Very old school european. I seem to remember canals and bridges, but I may be confusing it with so many of the other cities we visited. We were dropped off at a school and we put all our stuff in a couple of classrooms and we proceded to the cafeteria where we enjoyed a pretty crappy lunch with the Russians who also performed with us. We checked out the stage which was in a tiny gym a block away and checked out the crapiest stage in all of europe. Honestly, my shoes were getting slivers and there were nails sticking half up. I believe Romeo or someone slammed a hand on one of them. After a quick run through we set up our costumes and explored the city for a couple of hours. Pam and I went shopping. At one point I was trying to talk her into buying a pair of stripper boots when she calmly replied, "I already have those ones." Nice. We went into another store and bumped into a bunch of other kper's going crazy and picked out a couple of nice peices before Randy told us our stuff was ugly so we put them back. The show itself was fun and slightly sad. Iris's last Princess (yeah right, me and Michelle heard that for like 2-3 years). A lot of our Edegem families showed up and we had our last tearful goodbyes after the show. We gave away our oldest bamboo, the only survivor of the orignal set to a group that were hopeing to start a group in Belgium and we had a mad packing job back at the changeroom.

It was a madhouse. Especially for the backpackers who were trying to avoid dragging their costumes and props across europe. We through away a lot of props. That night we broke out to our new host families. From what I can remember our host mom was a milf to the max. Her house was huge and real nice, that is if it didn't reak of cat pee. Eye, Pum and Cris P stayed in one room. I, Put and Edric stayed in another. That night we stayed up and reminised about the tour whilst we got attacked by little bugs. (Edric called them silver fish) that infested the house. Soon we hit the hay but unfortunately I couldn't sleep very well becasue of the smell of cat pee. I also remember almost knocking myself out hitting my head on the roof in the bathroom. We ate bread and chocolate spread and all the travelers through away all their bath goods. It was the time of the terrorist thing in London. At the airport the seeds of a summer of 'when the frak is my luggage getting home?' Were planted. Number one our lugage was way too heavy so Randy frantically started pulling stuff out of the boxes chanting, "I'm not paying for that". One such object was my spanish shoes which I planned on throwing away at some point anyways, which thank god I didn't because they saved my life while back packing. Another thing was we had decided to throw away the bamboos. As we stood in line someone got an idea, in fact a few of us thought it at the same time. Looking at the pile odd shapped luggage that had already been checked and placed on the side we decided to just place the bamboo right beside them and see if they took them. Which they did...which we would later regrett. Soon the group loaded their plane and left us backpackers on our own.

Myself, Mer, Celina, Marque, Wil and Edric began our own European adventures. To be continued...

Rhoel.