Tuesday, January 02, 2007

My Way

As the final curtain of '06 came to a close myself along with two others that shall remain nameless decided to form a brotherhood who's mission is 'new beginnings' for the year of our lord two thousand plus seven.

Regrets, I've had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.


during my year I have two points for evaluation. One is my birthday and one is NYE. It works out nicely that I have a review almost every 6 months. When I review I not so much reminisce but more like evaluate and see how I can try to better myself. And what I've found are that for the longest while my evaluation keeps coming up the same and that I haven't been improving myself. The word 'rut' comes to mind, 'stagnant' is another but the real problem I think is deeper. When one is stuck it can be viewed as something is inhibiting progress. Something is holding one back or anchoring one in place. Another way to look at it is that I may be holding on to something and won't let go. As for someone who tries to live life with no regrets, I know I have a tendency to dwell and have a hard time letting go.

I planned each charted course;
Each careful step along the byway,


If one always does what one has always done, one will get what one has always gotten. I think part of being where I am is bustin out of my comfort zone. That's been a problem for a while and I've taken daily steps to rectifying this. I think I'm pretty well out of the woods in this respect. I keep remembering when I was a kid, constantly in new situations living by other ppls rules. I think as we grow up we learn to adjust our surroundings to suit ourselves and if one gets too good at it you end up in a perfect little bubble. And then at some point one realizes that this perfect little bubble no longer suits ones needs but the skills to burst the bubble may be atrophied.

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught.
To say the things he truly feels;
And not the words of one who kneels.
The record shows I took the blows -


So for this years resolutions, instead of the usual ones (My resolutions are the same every year) me and my brotherhood toasted and drank to 'New beginnings!' May this year see me continue down the path I've set before myself and allow myself to fully close one door so I may fully open the next.

Rhoel.