Friday, September 08, 2006

Lets Get it Started!

Where to begin where to begin...how about the beginning? With Europe about two weeks behind me...or has it only been a week...? With Europe a week behind me...yes about a week behind me I think I've had enough time to decompress. My sleeping patterns are still messed up but as I learned on the trip, who needs sleep? It was my intention to write in my blog whilst I was in Europe, but as it turns out we didn't have much time for such things as Europe was happening all around us. As soon as I figured out that I wouldn't be blogging I endeavored to take notes in my note book, but alas, again who had the time? Then I figured I'd save it for the leisurely days of backpacking but those days of leisure were actually days of frantic thoughts like, "Where the hell are we going to stay tonight?" or "How the hell do we get out of England?". But as it turns out I must rely on my memory and the video footage aswell as the recounts of my fellow travelers. I'll go over what happened day by day. Lets start where I had left off in my last blog.

The day KP left Vancouver started off like any other day. But it ended up quite different with KP...leaving Vancouver. I got a ride to the airport with Marc and of course Tito Leny went over a bunch of little details to make sure I wouldn't corrupt his son and change him into...someone more like myself. And of course we arrived at the airport very early. I suppose tardiness is an Arboleda tradition. Of course everyone at the airport was shocked that I was on time. So I acted shocked at them being shocked. I was a bad actor before I became a bad musician. My first order of business was buying health and travel insurance. With the day being a holiday BCAA was closed aswell as the day before and me frantically making sure I could actually go to Europe the whole previous week and me being me...I left it for the last minute, literally. Insurance at BCAA, maybe 25 bucks. Insurance at the airport, 150 bones. Yikes! With work outta the way it was time for some fun.

As everyone gathered the excitement started to build and I took the opportunity to start with the interviews I had so anticipated. What was said will come out on the final cut of the DVD, but let me just say that I was relieved that everyone got into the spirit of it. After some final goodbyes and the labeling of all the stuff and a wait at the gate we were off! Well more precisely the rest were off, then I waited and about 3 hours later I was off! BTW Cristina, Ryan left you a little note on my camera and he wants you to call him because he was wooed by the voodoo that you do. And then I was off!

The flight was actually very interesting. I started chatting up the girl sitting beside me. Now that I think about it she looked a lot like Astrid, a character you will meet in another chapter. Actually there are two Astrids in this story, she looked like the other one. As it turns out she is a PE teacher from the Czech Republic that had been visiting friends. Very attractive, very toned body. Each time I went to the bathroom she followed me. A few times she got in and out of her seat (I was in the isle seat) and insisted I stayed sitting. She did this by stepping over and momentarily straddling me (it is at this point I felt the tone in her legs and booty). I found this slightly strange behavior and as I reflected upon this towards near sleep I suddenly realized that this totally hot babe may have wanted to fool around! Too bad she's sleeping now. What if I poked her a few times by accident on purpose... Honestly subltle hints don't work on me. Apparently sitting in my lap looking into my eyes doesn't work on me. Damn it just tell me already!!! Dannnnggg! I think I won her over when I read out of her Czech novel in my wicked Canadian accent. So after we landed we exchanged e-mail address (can't seem to find that one) and we shared a really nice long hug like were long friends (it was at this point I felt the tone in the rest of her bod). I was in London baybee! Well, Heathrow anyways. And soon I was in Brussels baybee!

I knew that I was being picked up because there was a Panamanian girl also arriving late and I had this fantasy that she would be totally hot and that we'd hit it off and live happily ever after for two weeks. She was alright, kinda not that great. But I was greeted by Myla and Wyness looking for the lost KP luggage. BTW I met the real Jean Claude Van Damn on the flight over. He's a surf instructor that was studying martial arts in Japan. His luggage got lost too, just as he predicted. What's with BA and their loosing luggage? Oh and just as we were about to leave and all the lost luggage was accounted for I happened to look on the carousel and what to my eyes appeared? Another KP luggage with a giant sticker on it and a little ribbon on the handle that wasn't reported missing...Celina... On the ride to Edegem I entertained all in the car with my theory on love and relationships and my back up plans for the future in to said love and relationships. I can't tell if the driver lady was amused or horrified, but at least she was laughing.

Upon arriving to Festivalhal for the first time I got a first glimpse at the magnificent stage going up and I dropped off my costumes to what would become our home for the next 8 days. Soon I was picked up by Walter, my host dad and was rushed home (5 min drive) to meet my host mom and sister Monick and Marlise. That first night we ate and drank all night. mmm, steak and french fries. Too bad I was so full and just picked at the fries. I was staying with Monsieur Patrick V and we were staying in the attic which was two flights of stairs that resembled narrow ladders to the room, then an actual ladder to the attic which looked like the inside of a ski cabin. That night Pat was attacked by a squadron of mosquitoes. I was untouched in more ways than one.

Rhoel.