Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Belgium Calling

So I finally got my passport issues sorted out. I will be picking it up two days before we leave. What a nightmare. Lets just hope no other issues crop up the next few weeks.

Something I've been wondering about...there is a construction site near my house and my first stop on any trip West is a traffic jam. Early in my driving career construction site traffic was made bearable by the super hot stop sign girls. Every year new and more hotter stop sign girls would join the road crews. Now all the stop sign girls are old big fat hags that give you attitude if you don't look at them shaking their signs. At some point in 1990 was there a stop sign girl union created? And in the time since have all the young and hot girls hung on to their jobs instead of being recycled every year haveing slowly over time transformed into the abominations of today?

Something I've been debating...black (magnetic), silver (airstream) or dark silver/grey (silverstone) like the dearly departed Jessica? I have decided on a black (charcoal) interior. As much as I loved the burnt orange seats they would remind me too much of Jess.

Something I need...a haircut, badly. With me spending every spare moment not spent on practicing, performing or working being spent on trying to sort out my passport issues a lot of the little things have been neglected. Damn.

Something borrowed...two dvd's from Rogers.

Something blue...the sky.

This next little while will see some really exciting times. The count down to Belgium, the tour, European backpacking, and when we get back the NFL and NHL seasons will be starting up.

Rhoel.

May you live in interesting times.-Chinese proverb...or something I read in a fortune cookie or both. Perhaps the proverb ripped off the fortune cookie? Which came first? The proverb or the cookie?