Tuesday, May 16, 2006

It's Ma Birfday...

...and I'll cry if I want to. At this time I choose not to cry.

There are certain days of the year that ppl naturally go into review mode. Usually it's New Years, but other times it's anniversaries, birthdays, etc because they mark time in a way more personal than the standard calendar. Surprisingly I've never written about my birthday in my three years writing a blog, I checked. Last year I was excited about a car. The year before that I was excited about a girl. Holly shite has it been two years since my last real relationship? And it wasn't even that real! On one hand birthday's aren't really a big deal in my family. When I was a kid my mom used to go all out. We'd have a party at school with my class, then we'd do the whole family luau thing. What's a flip word for luau? Then when I turned maybe 12 it didn't really become a big deal anymore. I think that was the year my friends came over and discoverd my extensive toy collection and started to *gasp* play with them! Soon it down graded to just a family party, then it became just a drinking fest with my fiends. Now we don't even do a family dinner or nothing. I think usually this time of year I'm exited about a coming show at this time and with my birthday being in the first half of the calendar year I'm usually still fresh off my last review.

My biggest birthday moments...

This one time in grade 12 me and my friends were at a party and we decided we were going to get drunk at school for my birthday the following Friday. We were drunk at the time and it seemed like a good idea...at the time. The following Monday My cousin Carlo and my best friend Sherman told me to come to school early and to dress well. They set up a photo shoot in front of the school where Carlo had changed the lettering on the billboard to read. "We love you Rhoel, happy birthday!" Or something like that. I don't even know if it said 'happy birthday'. I still have those photo's somewhere. More than a few students saw us and word started spreading about our plans for Friday. It was way heaty 'cause too many ppl knew and I thought word would get to the teachers so I said we were planning something else. So each day we did something different and each day more ppl joined in. It became Rhoel Juatco birthday week. Of course the party in the upper parking lot still happened on the Friday.

I suppose my best birthday was my 30th in Hawaii. First of all I was in Hawaii, hello! Second of all it was my 30th. And on top off all that it was just the perfect day. I got up real early and went surfing by myself just to zone and reflect on things. I went and checked birthday e-mails from ppl all the way on the other side of the world. Me, Kat, and all our roommates went to a luau that night and got totally hammered. I can't believe Hawaii was that long ago.

Rhoel.

-I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she left me before we met.-Steven Wright