Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Just Friends

I rented 'Just Friends' last night and I must say that it was so freakin funny. That on the heels of watching 'Waiting' last month I have to say that Ryan Reynolds is one of the funniest actors in Hollywood. Canadian too. BTW, anyone who's ever worked in a restaurant or bar has to watch 'Waiting'. I identified with every one of those characters as someone I once worked with. Especially the Luis Guzman character. He is so my Uncle Fernando (My Tito Nunding)

When I was in HS I worked at Tony Roma's and my uncle was the kitchen manager. He kept that place running. He was so funny all the time that it was fun to work there. I can't remember all the little things he did, but one of the few things that stuck in my mind was this really hot Chinese girl named Christine that was a hostess. Whenever she walked into the kitchen area my uncle would start serenading her, "...the first time...ever I saw your pace!" Eventually it was shortened to, "...ever I saw your pace!". It got to the point where he didn't even have to look to know she was in the room and start singing, and she would already be laughing before she even walked into the kitchen. Oh I remember Christine but that's another storey for another time. One of these days I'll write about my uncle Fernando, he's just one of those truly funny ppl.

Rhoel.