Thursday, February 02, 2006

Love Monkey

Isn't it sad when ones life mirrors fiction? Certain shows post mark my life. 21 Jumpstreet was HS Jason Preistly got his start there with his now famous mullet. Twin Peaks was senior year. 90210 was post secondary till I realized the show wasn't that good anymore. And then there are the characters. In Kindergarten I wanted to be the Fonz. I wore black cowboy boots with a squared off toe, and a black leather jacket. (Interesting...this may explain my thing for leather jackets and biker boots. I need new boots...)That lasted about a day when my mom decided that I should wear my Incredible Hulk shoes with my Snoopy backpack. For a while there I traded my pseudo gangsta mullet and trench for a tail, and then eventually Brandan Walsh trademark sideburns. If I'm not mistaken he cut off his mullet after the first few episodes. Right before I became grunge, (in case you're wondering Singles came out afterwards and the characters in the movie were older than us.)

I was working through the hours of programming I'm behind on and came across a show called Love Monkey. The show itself is not half bad, actually it kinda reminds me of the movie Singles for some reason. Preistly is in the cast and in this one episode he has this startling revelation: That he is no longer rugged and handsome, but a guy that was once good looking and now out of shape. Just like me. I'm thinking Preistly should play me when my memoirs get published and becomes a movie.

I've been in denial for years, but yeah. I'm fat. I mean I've know it for years, but now I can say it. Maybe now I can stop talking about getting into shape and just do it. Maybe I can now say it 'cause apparently talk is now cheap.

Rhoel.

-I went to my reunion. It's just as if everyone had swelled.- Joan Cusak. Grouse Pointe Blank.