Saturday, December 10, 2005

Children of an idle brain.

My weekly baby sitting duty of my one and only nephew is giving me the chance to see him in a different light. Maybe it's because I've changed all the light bulbs to those low energy kind. On the surface I can see traits from all of my brothers in him. He's pretty much actively opposed to any sort of authority like his dad. You tell him not to do something it's pretty much guaranteed that he'll do it at some point. He's a motor cycle and overall general speed freak like his uncle Ben. When we double him on the mini bike we bought him last year he sits on the tank.
I find that the faster we go the more exited he gets. He even tries to steer it himself. Ever since he was a baby I've always thought that his mannerisms mirror those of my dad which would make sense if parts of Jello remind me of the brothers. I wonder which family members above me on my family tree I inherited bits from. I'd like to thank them for my good looks and my fine numb chuck skills. When I was a kid I was told I was a lot like my uncle Larry, Elena's dad. Watching him as a child I decided early on that I didn't want to be a gigelo like he was. Every time I saw that cat he had a new girl.

Some funny ideas I had as a child:
-I thought a convertible car would be cheaper because it had a cloth top, and cloth is cheaper than steel. I wondered who would ever want to buy a convertible because it wasn't safe when it would inevitably flip over.
-I thought beer would be like an ultra sweet pop. The way my dad and uncle's drank it I thought it would taste so good. That was until I finally tasted it then I figured that I'd never like it, ever.
-I thought my aunt was pulling my leg when she told me she liked dry wine. How can a liquid be dry?
-I figured that when I finally learned to drive that I'd just leave the stick in top gear so I could drive fast all the time.
-I thought everything in the phils was in black and white. Every picture I saw confirmed what I suspected.
-I thought jet lag was a type of sickness caused because the human body wasn't designed to travel so fast.

I think I may have blogged about this before...it seems rather familiar. Maybe I just saw the future again.

Rhoel.