Thursday, November 03, 2005

Home is where the heart is...

...so I guess home is in my chest cavity.

My whole life I've moved around a lot. In fact I can't even remember how many houses I've lived in. I lived in Vancouver, Port Moody, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Maple Ridge (for a few months) back to PM, Surrey, Richmond, and back to Surrey. And there were a few moves around each burg a couple of times. In fact, at one point we moved across the street because my mom always dreamed of living in a pink house (It was really nice).

When me and my brother Rocky were young we used to spend our summers in Seattle with my Grandma and Aunt.

After Grad I lived in New Jeresy for about a year and a half. Four years ago I lived in Seattle for almost two years. Two years ago I almost moved to Calgary, then Edmonton, then to Calgary again.

When I was younger I used to loose entire groups of friends at a time. I know how those army brats feel. I was never able to put down deep roots. I think deep down I'm still terrified to get too attached to ppl, places and things, because in the back of my mind there's a clock counting down to when I have to leave again. In fact the longest I've held on to a group of friends is KP.

Twice moving I think saved my life. Once when I was running with a bad crowd that I left behind in my late teens, and once when I left behind a psychotic gf that to this day am convinced was planning to kill me. (That move required switching schools and all my phone numbers.)

This new place is nice. It's an older house but not as Brady Bunch as my Richmond spot, but it's on what I would describe as a small park. There's a small out-building that's a kind of work shop/clubhouse. It smells like a musty cabin in there thou. Behind that is what can only be described as a gravel 4 car parking lot. Walking to my car it feels like I'm camping 'cause there's no lights out there.

For one reason or another I've moved around a lot and I can say in my expert opinion that I fucking hate moving. And what sucks the most is that I can see in the foreseeable future more moves to be made. Rhoel.

-Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean nobody is following me.-
-The quickest way to a man's heart is thru the breast bone.-