Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Taboo.

Today I ate ice cream from the tub. It tasted just a little bit better.

Generally speaking, if society tells me not to do something I pretty much want to turn around and do it. I mean there's things like say...not killing ppl, but that goes without saying. Don't steal, no problems here mate. But most of what society says is pretty much arbitrary. Some dude 100 million years ago decided unilaterally that...I'm suppose to park 3.5 metres from the corner. Fluck that! That's like freakin 10 feet! Well, Tyra is only like 7 ft long so I'm freakin parking on the corner. I'm pretty sure Jessica is about 8-9 ft long so I probably won't get the kick ass parking at practice anymore. Even the dang signs are like 3 ft from the corner. I'm sorry if I no longer drive a horse and carriage. Essentially what society decrees, most of which is arbitrary and antiquated so I have no problems...hitting on younger girls or...driving 160 kph on the freeway (as long as I can get away with it). Honestly if I were to like...put my jacket in a puddle for a girl to step on I'd get stared at, and probably ruin my jacket. At some point you gotta realize "Man, that's just dumb. I'm not doing that." Like kissing on the first date. If I'm not getting some kind of action almost immediately, do you think I'm gonna call again? Basically I freakin don't care what society deems is acceptable, except the stuff that'll land me in jail. Basically at the end of the day I only have to answer to one person, myself. If I can live with it, then so be it.

But there are certain things...

When I was still in school I worked as a security job at a high school. Mostly I made sure nobody got mugged walking to and from their cars for night school and that kids weren't loitering around the school after regular school times. But every once in a while I worked a school dance or sock hop. Mostly that entailed dealing with fights and flirting with bait. But I remember this one time a motion detector went off at the far end of the school and I found myself running thru the school. My gawd was that fun! All my life I was told not to do this and not to do that, and me being the straight arrow pretty much flew true. I rarely coloured outside the lines. But running thru a school broke so many rules and if felt so great. Something as simple as that. Like eating ice cream straight out the tub.

I always say that before I die I want to (sky dive, go to Mardi Gras, hunt something big, surf a giant ass wave, bash a car with a bat, see the pyramids with my own eyes etc etc)...usually something big. But before I die I also want to:
-yell in church.
-run with sisors.
-swim right after I eat.
-play with food.
-run a few miles on a track going clockwise.
-leave toys on the stairs.
-drink out of the carton.
-write in a text book.
-take a peek at the next dude's willy at the urinals.
-cross the street without looking (safely like at a cross walk with the walk flashing).
-not say hello and bye before and after a phone convo.
-not feeling bad not putting the seat down at a girls house.
-eat desert first and dinner last. (Thou I'm not really a big desert person)
-declare that the glass is half empty.
-ride a bike, roller blade or skate in a mall or in a school.
-colour in random directions and outside of the lines.
Edit: Add
-stand in an uncrowded elevator the opposite direction.
-(any more?)

Too many to list. These are easy things. Yet they would feel so good. I wonder if I could do all of them in one day. Nah, I think I'll spread them out and savour them.

Rhoel

-PS, I had started a blog entry about camping that is as of yet still unfinished. ( I wasn't feeling it) So when I do publish don't be fooled by the timeline.