Saturday, July 02, 2005

Happy Canada Day!!!

Or to Manok, Happy Canook Day!!!

I was talkin to a friend back east in NJ, a former Torontonian, mentioning how I was thinking of going to TO for the holidays and was thinking of skipping down to NY while I'm out that way. She said, "For Canada day? Like tomorrow?" I'm like, Canada day isn't a holiday, it's just a day off. She's like,"I know right?". Essentially we launched into this comparitive Canadiana/Americana view on the holidays. Maybe it's just my familly but Canada Day isn't really a big deal. I mean the fireworks at Canada Place are so lame that they didn't even bother this year. My first year down in Seattle I woke up on the 4th to a giant loud ass bbq being thrown by the two sisters that lived upstairs. I think I was pretty much drunk by around 4-5, but I don't know exactly when because I was drunk. Before I know it I'm in the back of a car with like 4 hotties I don't even know fighting our way to Lake Washington for the celebration. It was like trying to get down town durring the Molson Indy or the Symphany of Fire. Luckly the two sisters had a realitive that had a food shop down on pier whatever, and we had VIP on the pier and spent the afternon drinking at "The Happy Hooker". It was crazy. 100m down the beach there's a giant big top where a black tie affair is in full swing with jazz band incluse. 100 m the other way is a gathering of red necks complete with mulleted childrens. Over the lake the Blue Angels are doing their thing while other various military fighter planes are doing mach 1 fly by's at Sea Level. As the evening fades to black I find myself snuggling with one of the sisters' hot Spanish friends listening to her talk like a bad rap video pretending not to be staring at her...shirt. And then the specticle begins. Crazy fireworks that last a really really long time. Soon we're home where the real drinking begins. After me recantation Celeste starts talking about american thanks giving... Sometimes being Canadian can be very non-thrilling.

So today I helped my brother move, drank some drinks, and now have kept up my streak of consecutive blog days to 8. I had planned to resume my erratic bloginess but it looks like I've generated enough mommentum to push forward thru rain sleet and drunkness. BTW,of the many things one should not do while under the influence, blogging and posting online should be umong them. For instence last night (this early morning) I had planned to finish off my week of blogging by talking about something that wouldn't require much thought because I was drunk, tired, and drunk. I planned to blog about how much I hate pets, and ended up talking about religion. How the fluck does that happen???

I had these two friends who were models and they had this rule that if they couldn't physically open something with their own hands then they couldn't eat it. It's surprising how tough it is for two skinny flip girls to open a bag of chips, wrestling and swearing at this now pulverised bag for like twenty minutes before they give up. I once made the mistake of taking it out of their hands and opening it for them only to have them turn on me like Brutis on Ceasar. I think I should invent some elaborate way to turn on the computer so if I'm too inebriated to turn it on then I can't use it.

Rhoel.

P.S. Pets smell. (right Lora?) To be continued...