Monday, June 27, 2005

Crash

I made it threw the weekend, woot!!! I think posting till Thursday should be easy now. Gary, it's not so much I'm forcing myself to blog. I just wanna force myself into the rhythm of it. A plan without a timeline is just wishful thinking. So I've heard. I'm exercising my blog muscle. I'm trying to get back into the habit of writing in general, I've gotten away from that.

So I'm not into the lazzzzzzzz...zzzz...ZZZ...zzyyyy days of summer. Since the show I promised myself a week of being a bum and then to start up again, running working out, playing sports again (I stopped because I was afraid of getting hurt before the show). I'm now into week three of bumminess. It's like suddenly I don't have the time. We have ppl over tonight so tomorrow it begins anew.

About a month before the show I hurt my foot and I could barely walk for like two weeks. I was kinda panicking because how can I dance if I can't walk? Lucky it happened on a Monday and I had all week to heal. Sunday came and I was still injured. I tried my best to hide my condition and I think I only yelped twice and only two tears of pain hovered on my left eye lid. I don't think anyone noticed. But on the following Monday my foot was even worse. The following Sunday was about 50% and a week before the show I was pain free. What a relief. When Marc hurt himself at QE I know exactly what was going through his mind and I didn't want to look at him because it would have freaked me out. Mur's latest blog kind of brought back that icky feeling for me. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't walk. It is in these moments I feel blessed. These simple daily miracles that can easily be taken for granted.

Summer projects:
- Plan a KP kamping. I was in the midst of planning something last year when I dropped everything and suddenly took off to Toronto for three weeks. I was walking down the street one day in TO thinking, "I think I'm supposed to be doing something today". I'll guage the interest and I better get on that because everything may already be booked. Rodney says he knows a spot on the island near Long Beach so we could do some surfing. There's some other things in the works aswell. I don't think we've done a KP kamping since the summer Princess Di died.
-My cousins cousin, no relation, is having a cotillion which I have been recruited to teach. Since they're kinda family I don't feel right asking for payment of services. So I'm teaching a Jota, a Pitik, and maybe a Cha-cha. So that should be pretty easy. One month of 5 a week practices should get it done.
-I want to do a road trip somewhere. Where and when doesn't really matter. I just have that wonder lust again. Flying somewhere isn't the same because it's all about the journey in this case. All I know is that I do NOT want to drive to Edmonton again. I hate that drive and hope I never have to do it ever again. Except if it's like on a kamping adventure or something.
- I'm thinking of going back to TO for the Christmas holidays, maybe go to NY. My cousin Lei Lei got the lead in a production of...I can't remember, in Toronto. Oh summer, right.
- Why is it the only time I have to play hockey is in the summer? The only place that still has ice is Richmond Ice (is that what it's called? Near Silvercity Riverport)

That's about it. Till the morrow.

Rhoel.

HOLLA!!!!! (with hand on forehead)