Wednesday, June 08, 2005

American Invasion

When you think about it America can decide one day that it wants to annex Canada, do it, take a nap, then start answering the complaint letters. I don't think anyone else on the planet would even help us out as our army gets routed by their army reserves in a training exercise. It kinda makes me nervous knowing that our national security plan revolves around living right beside the States.

Tomorrow members of our sister company from San Fran start to arrive for our shows coming June 10 and 11. I believe this year marks the 10 year anni of when our two groups first met. I still remember that time, oh how naive we were.

Back then we were under the impression that Likha was an older group so we planned things like bowling night and stuff like that. I also think we took that initial show kinda lightly, it was kinda like a last min thing and I think we sold like 10 tickets and we weren't too worried about it. And then when they arrived I remember thinking, 'Damn they're just like us!' (age wise). The second thing I noticed was, 'Damn they're really freaking good, I don't know if I want to go on stage with those guys!' The third thing I noticed was 'Damn, that Kuya Rudy yells a lot, he must really know what he's talking about!' The fourth thing....you get the picture. Basically Likha was in another stratosphere and we were hovering about a metre(3.28 feet) off the ground. Burr it's cold in here, there must be some Likha's in the atmosphere! (traveling north at 1010 kph or 627.6 mph)

The last thing I noticed was man do they like to party. I hope that hasn't changed because I intend to work hard and play just as damn hard. I also know that Likha's coming to town and we better be ready!!! C ya'll tomorrow. Btw, you guys better pack some jackets 'cause it's burr cold here the last couple of days. I had to close my windows at night and turn the furnace back on and everything.

Rhoel.