Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Addicted

As it is with most addictions it pushes all other things aside as if nothing else exists. The sole purpose of ones life becomes securing ones next sickly sweet hit. A curiosity becomes a taste, which becomes an indulgence, which in turn becomes an insatiable monster. The pusher becomes the junky. How does one recover from such an affliction?

I got my parents hooked on Smallville, they watche all 3 seasons between Christmas and New Years. I got my brother and his wife hooked on O.C. He texted me last night around 9 telling me how good it is. She texted me this afternoon around 2 damning me for hooking them and how they are just about to go to sleep. And now I've been 24'rd. With my brother over skipping work with a sore ankle I had lunch rewatching episode 4 of season one (which I'd watched just the previous night). So as I leave this day for the land of dreams I tear myself from the family room having watched 15 episodes today. Unintentionally breaking Eye's record of 14. And the only reason I stopped is that I started getting dizzy. Honestly it's like I stepped into a time warp. I just thought of an idea. A 24 hour marathon starting midnight airing each episode on the hour with a 15 (or whatever) min recovery time between episodes. I've seen the light, it can be done with minimal chance of permanent brain damage and or a psychotic break.

Another series I've recently procured and am starting to rewatch is Wonderfalls, man that was a good show. Interesting how after it's fourth week I did some research and found rave reviews galore only to have it mysteriously disappear. Equally curious is the fact that the DVD contains all 13 episodes made, 9 of which never aired.

Rhoel.