Friday, December 31, 2004

New beginnings.

All is quiet on New Year's day
A world in white gets underway
I want to be with you, be with you, night and day
Nothing changes on New Year's day
On New Year's day

New Year's Day-U2

I was looking for the words to "Auld Lang Syne" and since I didn't know how to spell "Old Ang Zie" I had to google "New Years Lyrics" and found this. I read the lyrics a few times because to me I love all U2 songs but for a while there a lot of their songs were VERY similar and I was trying to capture the tune in my head. I couldn't get the tune of "Streets have no names" outta my head and found these lyrics work to that song...anyways. Reading the lyrics kinda summed up my feelings on New Years in general.

What the lyrics say to me is that New Years day is a new beginning. And with the promise of new possibilities some promise to change, yet some things don't change and sometimes for the better. And with the more things that do change the more they stay the same, and sometimes for the better. Kinda like how the love for something will never change no matter how much I change, like my love for hockey, my car and my x-box.

So it's that time of year again. To make some resolutions. I normally take the easy way out and resolve to cure world hunger or for world peace or something. But lets see what lofty goals I can set for myself this year.

#1 with a bullet hasn't changed for the last 5 years. Get in shape, and no small print here, get in shape other than ball shaped. I'm not going to resolve to get ripped or anything like that, but I need to shed this Molson muscle and I'll be happy. Baby steps. I'll trade my one pack for any other number of packs. The longer I put off getting it off the harder it'll be.

#2 is actually the major cause of #1. I gotta start to eat properly. I'm not talking diets or anything, I mean eating properly. If one is what one eats, then I'm a junk food. Resolving #2 will go a long ways to resolving #1. I propose eating on time and in moderation. As opposed to eating when ever and in excess.

#3 Find eternal happiness. Self explanatory. Not too lofty a goal I'd say.

Now that I look back, these resolutions look strangely familiar...

Anyways, from all of me to all of you Happy New Years and a partridge in a pear tree. See you on the other side. I'm all freaked out about the Y2k5 bug. Rhoel.