Friday, November 05, 2004

Post Halloween Freakyness.

And I'm not talking about the good kind of freaky deaky.

-Halloween night, driving everyone home in my brahdah's POS car. Think E ticket roller coaster with the actual possibility of dieing! Think Scream Machine without breaks. Guys, there's a reason I Skytrained it to practice even thou I had a 'car' at my disposal. Btw, hey Melissa and Jamille, what happened to all the screaming and singing in Cristina's car after we transfered to my brah's car? Why so quiet? hehe.

-My dad, along with my brah Rodrigo for that matter, is of the 'low talker' variety. It sounds like he's talking to himself most of the time rather than talking to you so you end up only like half listening and you end up asking himself to repeat himself most of the time. With my dad it's worse because around the house he comes up with this ridiculous flip accent (where the hell does that come from?). He walks right up to me one night and says, "Joanna's dead". WTF did you say? "I said, Joanna was there." Damn mofo you just scared me shiteless!

-Because of the newspaper I happen to go to a lot of funerals. I remember one summer I must have gone to like 6. Totally depressing even thou you don't know the ppl. If it's not funerals it's going to ppl's houses to pick up obituaries or pictures for obits. Yesterday I went to the Roque residence to pick up for Linda who suddenly died last week. Waiting in their living room while the brave and upbeat husband scrambled around looking for the stuff, I was looking at the picture collage that was set up in the living room. Linda Roque was one of the original group, along with Paquito, Tony Sol, Lenny Arbeleta, and Roger Cabrera who formed Vancouvers first cultural dance troupe in the 70's. The pic in the collage that caught my eye was of Linda dancing Sinkil Princess in her prime (some other pics of her in costume where much later). My first thought was 'her pose is all wrong, the way she was bending was reminiscent of rural and not very regal'. But the more I stared the more I got freaked out because at a quick glance that could be Michelle, or Iris, or Michelle M or almost anyone else I knew who ever danced Princess. I don't think I'm scared of dieing, I actually scared of someone I know dieing. Noticing me looking at the picture I got into this really nice discussion with the husband about the dance scene in the good old days. I really liked that. It was like me talking to some stranger about my good old days with KP way back when. Just another reason I cherish KP the way I do. I know I don't say it enough, but I love all you guys. One day it's gonna be me in that picture, and before that time comes I want you all to know how much I appreciate this time of my life how much it means to me that all of you are apart of it. Thanks guys. Rhoel.