Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Brain Storm.

I don't know what to write about. So our local insomniak suggests that I just brain storm. Let whatever leak out of ma brain and on to the page.

-Lets have a moment of silence for Indian Larry who most recently passed away. FYI he's a custom bike builder from Gasoline Alley Bikes in New York. He's been featured on Discovery's Biker Build off series and Motor Mania series. Apparently he was doing his signature 'stand on his seat' move in front of 8000 ppl at a show when he was unable to regain control of his bike after it had started to wobble from beneath him. He was air lifted and later died from massive head trauma. He wasn't wearing a helmet. In fact, I'm not sure if that deserves a moment of silence.

In almost every subculture around there is always some anti macho sentiment like not wearing helmets, seat belts, face protection (hockey), HAANS device in car racing etc etc. A biker would rather risk brain damage because it's 'cool' to go with out a lid. Hockey players must see missing teeth and face scars as badges of courage (eye injuries, yikes). To me that's just plumb dumb.

-I never thought I'd ever duck someone bye screening my phone calls. I always thought that there wasn't anything in the world that I'd hide from. But lately I've found that I just don't want to talk about it, like I don't have the strength or breath. And it seems to be happening a lot lately. I think I've finally put an end to it today. So lets hope that's an end to that.

-So since PR I've pretty much been a bum. Eating everything in sight, drinkin a lot, not exercising at all. I think I've only shaved twice all week. Basically I've been a soap dodging dirt bomb. Well that all ended today when I went for a run. It's amazing how after only one week of inactivity how ones fitness level can slip so. It wasn't so bad at the time but I have a feeling my legs are gonna hurt in the morning. And since I've moved back to hilly surrey, after the two years of running around flat Richmond; I have found that hills kill. I think my next purchase will be a new pair of running shoes and some new running gear 'cause my old stuff is starting to acquire that 'hockey smell', you know when your gear starts to smell like barf every time it gets wet, hehe. It's gotten to the point where I have to wash my hoody after every run!!! ewwww stinky!!! I feel sorry for anyone that's runnin behind me. Another cultural thing to hockey players is they seem to love old gear. I'm sorry but if any of my shite starts to smell and I can't wash it out then its going into the garbage.

Anyways, it's sleepy time. Night folks. Rhoel.

PS. I spell checked just for you Crispy, enjoy it 'cause it may not happen again!