Saturday, July 31, 2004

The bigger fishbowl. When was the last time you did something for the first time? I guess it's easy to get into ones life rythm where everything becomes comfortable and predictable, safe. It's not until some outside influence creats a wave that rips across your pool of tranquility that you see changeing patterns and other possibilities. Being thrown into the deep end of the fish bowl as I have been here in toronto my life has been turned upside down. At first it was quite stressful. Being the private person that I am I had to get used to living with so many other ppl in the hostel every moment of my life being observed by others. Being fearful that someone will steal or mess with my stuff, basically a general lack of secuirty. I was no longer the king of my little bubble blowing sea castle. I don't remember being this stressed in Hawaii (the only other time in a hostel), but it was different I suppose because I had Kat with me and it wasn't quit this long a stay. 'Its a hell of a thing to live in fear.' (not that I'm that fearful, but I heard that quote in a movie along time ago and have been waiting to use it since forever!). But being forced out of my comfort zone has been great after I started to adjust to my suroundings. I'm a great ppl person, I don't know why I don't meet more ppl in Van, it's like normally I couldn't be bothered and am usually happy with what I got already. Spending alot of time on my own to get away from everyone I've had alot of time to think and reavaluate alot of things. I've also gotten to expand my country by learning the ins and outs of a new city. Watching alot of other ppl interact with each other has got me thinking about my role in other ppls lives. Also I've re-aquired the clubbing bug. I used to love to club and almost never go anymore. And I'm also meeting alot of other types of ppl, most of which I would have nothing to do with in the real world. You guys all heard about my irish club experince and my football mob experience. There's a few more but I'll save it for another day. I really want to visit the UK or Australia now (both?). Btw, I met the perfect girl and I only knew her for one day before she left. She's a welsh girl I met named Sally. Now I know what to look for and I'm encouraged to know that she's out there somewhere. So Monday I'm off to Kingston to visit Lora until weds then back to TO for the show's. I'm probably flying out on Friday back to my nice comfortable fishbowl, which is moving back to surrey btw. When I get back some things in my fishbowl are going to change. Don't forget to Vote for Elena! I miss all you guys and I miss practice. Sorrey Rodney, I couldn't fit the base in my luggage and havn't been practicing, but I'll be a practicing machine when I get back! Rhoel.