Thursday, May 20, 2004

The things one can find when one is lost.

Today I was looking for an adress in Coquitlam. I think I was supposed to take Pinetree, then a left on Oak, then a right at elm then a right an PineOakElm before crossing over GreenPineOak. Basically I got all turned around in the forrest, literal and actual. Right when I was about to loose it I found myself staring at a Cemetery. I've been here before, but not in a long time. When I was about twelve my parents were flying to the Phils so the whole familly came over for christmas and we prepared a video to send back. Basically it was about a bunch of uncles gettin drunk and clowning in front of the camera with a bunch of kids running around in the back ground. There was stand-up comedy, songs, and interviews. The last person to speak was my Wowa. Apperently I called her that because I couldn't say Lola when I was really young. And as I got older I just figured that it was her name because I wasn't the only one who called her that. I just remember her being really old and kinda scary. My mom used to always make me hug and talk to her whenever we visited and I rememberd being afraid because of the feel of her skin. It was unnaturally smooth and loose from a 12 year old pov. And I knew I was always in for a long lecture about school, or my future, or my gfs (or lack of, come on I was 12, I still played with Transformers!) But at least I knew she'd always give me money afterwards. She died on Boxing day morning, just hours after she talked on video. She was the first person I know who died.

The place looks so different than from my memories, it looks more happy and peaceful. I remebered only the drearyness and the rain, maybe what I'm remember is just symbolic of the thoughts of someone who probably didn't really understand. Another thing I noticed was how full the cemetery is now. I drove right to the corner of the lot and walked right to her spot. Funny, some things one dosn't forget. I talked to her a bit about what's happening in my life, I tried to explain about my schooling and about how the other aspects of my life are doing better. I kinda got the feeling that she wanted to talk to me, but this time it was me who really wanted to talk. I miss you Wowa. Talk to you soon, maybe next time I feel lost.