Sunday, June 27, 2004

"It feels like heaven to no one else but me..."

A line from a Sarah Mcglochlen song.

I was talking to a friend yesterday and she told me she spent the entire day at the airport watching the planes take off and land. I found it somewhat odd at first mention and odd how she had never told me that the did this ever so often. As it turns out it's just something she likes to do when she internalizes (I wonder what her parking bill was?) . When I read the book Trainspotting (one of my favs) I found out that a Trainspotting was when someone goes to the train station to watch the trains and obsesivly take notes on the train sched. So I suppose Trish was on a Planespotting.

About an hour later I was talking to someone I recently met and she mentioned she liked to go to musiums (sp?) because it made her feel peaceful.

It got me to thinking about where my happy place was.

BENVOLIO
I pray thee good Mercutio let's retire. The day is
hot. the Capel's are abroad, and if we meet we shall
not 'scape a brawl, for in these hot day is the mad
blood stirring.

On a hot day, I retire to the shade provided by the roof of my car. But on a perfect day I'll take the roof off. But one of my favorite things to do is to take the roof off on a hot summer night and just drive. Theres something about the feel and smell of a warm breeze and seeing the stars above me. The sound of the swirling wind and the engine screaming with maybe some mello beats in the back ground. When I'm on a lonely stretch of highway when there's no lights around and I've got the gas pegged it kinda feels like I'm flying. Whenever I need some time on my own, or figure something out or calm down, I'll just drive (weather permitting of course, thou I've been known to just crank the heat). The last person I triend to share this with told me to put the roof on and roll up the windows...

Even thou my car's getting old I think I'll want to always keep it, or if not it then a simmilar car. My mom keeps bugging me to trade Tyra in, but I can't. Or won't until the day I can afford Halle...

Rhoel.