Monday, July 26, 2004

Hostel take over.         To whom it may concern, this may become long. I'm using my blog to augment my own memory so I can look back and remember my time in TO the year my cuz became an idol. And it's going to come out as one giant paragraph because this stupid keyboard at Chapters internet cafe has a broken 'enter' key it seems.  After stayin with my uncle for two days at the Renasaunse hotel I've booked it to a hostel. The first one I checked out was empty pretty gross. The wouldn't even show me the room just some pictures.  Lonely Planet had it listed as the top hostel, but the one I ended up staying at wasn't built at the time of publication. It's great meeting differnt ppl from all over the world. Last night a group of us went to this Irish pub. It was great, like a scene straight out of a movie. Imagine the whole pub drunk, singing team fight songs aswell as a whole assortment of other songs, that to tell the truth sound pretty much incoherent noise with so many drunks sining at the same time! The hilight came when our server took the stage like she was going to make an anouncement. when everyone had hushed she started singing some contemparary song that even I knew the words to in a thick irish accent. good times. I'm going back today. I gotta find a good one back in Van.  Between my bro's expence account, my uncles credit card, going clubbing every other night, friends taking me out, a hostel that's half irish and half australian that's always half drunk...I've been drinking alost every day. It's gotten to the point that I don't want a beer today. OMG, what's happened to me? As for the show, it's way better live. You can totally tell who has tallent and who dosn't. It's hard to tell on tv. That dude, the one that thinks he's 'Simon', is such a knob that I can't even begin to explain. He strutts around extra slow basking in his own glory. I noticed both shows he had two blond hotties moved behind him so he can turn around and flirt. The two on Weds were just so hot, but they seemed kinda youngish to me. at one point he asked how old they were....14....he just kept on going without missing a beat. I can't fault him thou because he seems to like my cuz. I took a bunch of pics of me in his chair too! There was a security guard guarding it the next day. Hilights: My cuz kicking ass dispite being sick as a dog all week. Meeting her fan club, the Eleniacs. Watching little girl almost pee themselves, "OMG it's Elana!!!!!! OMG she touched me!!!" The last singer guy, the one that did 'put your head on my shoulders'. I'm not sure if you can tell on tv but the entire audience was laughing more than clapping, it was that good.  So I'm staying here in TO for at least another week so keep an eye out for me. I'm not sure if we'll be sitting behind the judges again. Probably rotate because those were teh best seats in teh house. Anyways. ttyl.