Thursday, October 07, 2004

Dark Angel.

If any of you are privileged to possess or to have viewed a copy of our 96' San Fran tour video entitled "California Love", you may have notice that I claimed the name 'Dark Angel Productions'. But when I wrote that it was after 15 hours in the editing room trying to boil down 50 hours of footage into 90 mins...Which turned into just over 2 hours. I was somewhat delirious at that point so forgive the spelling mistakes in the opening sequence and the typos in the end credits. (Romeo Capulet?...Juliet Montague"...What was I thinking!?) But what I had in mind was "dark angel" one of Batmans nicknames, along with the Dark Knight, the Dark Detective etc etc. In the early days of Batman he wasn't so much a good guy in that he used to throw bad guys off of rooftops hence "The Dark Angel". Anyways, I think the only copy of that film floating around in circulation is the one I gave to Nick on his 3 on 3 birthday. He celebrated his 25th b-day on that trip and I have the only footage. What I didn't know was that a few years later a series would start up with the same name staring one of the sexiest women ever to walk the earth. Just today I acquired a copy of the first season of Dark Angel. (the second season sucked major ass, but I'll probably buy it anyways) BTW, Jessica Alba's my gf. I actually liked her in that role. Her later stuff I have to watch with the mute button on just in case she decides to actually talk/act. I can't do that thou if someone else is in the room because the yummy noises I make as she strutts around are a little too distracting with no other sounds comeing from the tv. Note to self: next DVD purchase is Honey, widescreen of course.

I got into this discussion with Randy on how a lot of my favorite series get cancelled when a lot of other series get to live long and hopeless runs. His answer was, "Well those shows suck.", and I'm sure some shoving of stuff in ones face was also discussed. But it's true. Off the top of my head; Wonderfalls, Tru Calling, Boston Public, Fastlane, Paradise Hotel...And all of these within the last few years and I'm sure there's a few that I haven't mentioned. It seems to me that unless something is "Lo brow" humor or Reality TV fake drama it doesn't have a fighting chance. FYI I love reality TV especially anything mtv, I love the Real World series.

This past tour to PR was such a good show that I'm pissed that I didn't take my Video Camera up. That show would have been perfect for a Dark Angel production. My vision for the next show is to do a Real World KP style. I want behind the scenes. I want testimonials. I want reality...With a KP twist. This next show, KP/Likha 10 year ani is the perfect opportunity to do something really fun. If I get my act together and get something planned I encourage all of you kpites to get involved.

Rhoel.

PS, I have a lot of rare and incriminating footage KP circa 1996 for sale...If anyone is interested...