Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Chicken Soup for the Ro.

So I think I've out distanced my sick period all thou I still have a scratchy throat and am constantly thirsty. My sexy sick voice isn't as sexy as Phoebe's thou. One thing I love about being sick is that I eat mostly soup, one of my favorite foods that I don't eat enough of. When I was a kid I was bone thin (hard to believe huh?) and all I ate was chicken soup. Didn't matter what brand or incarnation (to add water or not to add water, that is the question) I didn't care, I just wanted my chicken soup and to be left alone. I was so finicky that I'd smell anything before I ate it an usually the smell would turn me off and I didn't want it. My dad used to make me sit there all night until I ate what was on my plate and I remember how I used to pretend to fall asleep so my mom would take me to bed. My whole life as a kid was walking around while grown ups told me to eat more. It used to piss me off. Why do I ever listen to grown ups? Now look at me, you've all created a monster!!! It was funny remembering all of this the other day as I devoured a giant bowl of yummy chicken soup. Now that I'm a grown up (I suppose that I am) maybe that's why I don't listen to myself anymore. But that doesn't stop me from talkin to myself thou...

The Booby Trap.

Booby traps are designed to trap boobies. Much like a crab trap is designed to trap crabs etc etc. Today I'm the booby. I got this email from Christina Cordova inviting me to receive free text msging. I've received many of these invites before and usually flush them because isn't texting free anyways??? So I get up early, still groggy from the night time sick remedies and promptly signed on to this free texting thing because to tell the truth I was mildly curious on what the dealio was (I've been watching my Dark Angel season one DVD's). And as soon as it kicked me out of msn msnger (to presumably access my contact list) I realized that I am the booby. I don't mind if I pick up a land mine and get blown to kingdom come but if someone else gets pinched because of my stupidity then I'll feel bad. For all those that receive a free text invite from me, I'm sorry for being a booby. Don't let it be you.

Sickboy.

BTW, in case any of you spelling police are interested the way you spell Phoebe is "P" as in "Phoebe, "H" as in "Hoebe, "O" as in "Oebe", "E" as in "Ebe", "B" as in "Bebe", and "E" as in "E Yeah!". I believe that is a fairly accurate quote if my memory serves.