Friday, January 28, 2005

Not by the hairs of my chinny chin chin!

When I look at old photographs the one thing that dates a picture is the subjects hair and cloths. When I covered the Holy Cross Christmas party this past year I took a stroll down memory lane looking at everyone's grad photo's. Here we see Nicks sportif stacked flat top. There we see Randy's GQ doo. Over here we see Michelle's expensive looking bounty of curls. And finally we see VJ...with the same haircut. My Grad picture I can't even describe my hair cut. Back in the day I'd have described it as an Asian gang cut (since all my friends sported similar doo's). I also had two braids with beads. Today I'd say it kinda looked like a the bastard child of something GQ smooth and a mullet (it was long in the back). What did I wear in those days on a Saturday night? Black shirt, black dress pants with the tight fold, black trench coat, black patent leather sandal's with white socks or patent leather (doll) shoes. Oh I almost forgot about all the silver jewelry. Anyone want to party at Changes??? How about the Paramont??? Club USA anyone??? OMG I was so cool.

Pictures from the 60's 70's 80's etc you can tell bye the dress and the hair. My oldest brother dressed and had the 'fro and mustache that belonged on the set of Welcome Back Carter. My second brother dressed in pink polo shirts. My youngest brother thought he was black with stripes shaved into his head. But underneath it all the ppl look the same, except slightly thinner.

So as I prepare to renew my license I choose a path that will stand the test of time (till the next time I renew) Black collarless shirt, I'll tame my hair, and off go the hairs on my chinny chin chin.

Rhoel.

RIP Goatee (if you can call it a goatee), see you in a couple of weeks.