Thursday, January 13, 2005

A paddle or my joystick?

Have I become such a format snob that I turn my nose up at video tapes? Did you at one point snob Beta in favor of VHS? Tapes for CDs, 8 tracks for tapes, records for 8 tracks? Anyone remember what a floppy disk was? What kinda misnomer was that anyways, they weren't even that floppy? (Was that a rhetorical question? BTW what exactly is a rhetorical question? Never mind I think it may be a run on sentence.) Once upon a time one of my little cousins asked my other little cousin what that (record) is? Apparently it's like a big cd.

So today I watched only my second vhs movie in the last probably two years. The movie previous was my KP gift recycle of "Duece Bigalow Male Gigelo". But watching that was more of a requirements since it was a gift, funny ass movie. I think it was better than some of those other gifts. How's the gianormous pants BTW? Picture frame? Lately I only use the video to record all the TV programs I miss. I suppose I was feeling a little nostalgic because I read a write up the previous day about how The Atari 2600 had an incredible production run from 1977 up to about '88 and how the advent of the commodore 64 in 84' and the NintendoEntertainmentSystem in '85 finally rendered it obsolete. Ppl are now scouring the earth for the gameing system and it's cartridges.

So what have I seen lately?:

Napoleon Dynamite. Basically I like pretty much any movie and can usually find some redeeming quality and a movie is going to have to suck something fierce in order for me to not like it. This movie sucked a lot. It was mildly humorous for the first few lines of dialogue then it got so boring that I actually considered stopping it on a few occasions when I didn't think I could hack it anymore but eventually it became a mission to finish it. It was so painful to watch, yet I couldn't look away! Kinda like watching a traffic accident. I'd compare it to a really bad student film staring a bunch of retarded kids.

Ali G Indahouse. Funny ass movie. I'm a real fan of British comedies and to have two in one month is like Christmas all over again. Funniest movie I've seen since Team America. If you're looking for a deep storey line and intelligent witty humor this is not the movie for you. But if you want to laugh your ass off...Basically the British Vanilla Ice goes to Washington.

Shawn of the Dead. Another British comedy. Basically Dawn of the Dead all over again except funny as hell. I actually watched it 3 times in 4 days.

Boondock Saints. PPl have been raving about this movie for two years. Lora wants to ftp it to me. The guys working at Footlocker are raving about it as they fit me. And then I finally watched it. It was alright. But the whole time I was thinking that it was a blatantly rip off of the Luc Besson movies. I'd rather suggest Leon the Professional or the original La Femme Nikita that Boondocks was copying.

Harold and Kumar go to White Castle. Man this is definately the funniest movie I've seen all year. Funnier that Team America. If I was to recomend a movie this would be the one by far.

BTW, I'm loving watching the OC all over again. More on that next time 'cause this is looking rather long. Toddles.

Rhoel.

-FYI the word Boondock is a term brought back from American GI's from the Flipippines. Boondok (sp?), isn't that the word for mountains?