Thursday, January 06, 2005

In My World

I think it's all about the comfort zone. I think as I get older it becomes easier to just stay where it's safe. But to strive for that new horizon one must venture where it is scary and unknown. I remember the thrill I used to get for trying out new things. Give me my cheap thrills again.

How does that saying go? If you always do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten. Every New years I realize there are aspects of my life that I'd like to change yet bye the end of the year I find myself in the same place. So how does one go about doing things differently? Does one pull a George and just decide that every decision ever made was the wrong one and just do the opposide? No, too extreme and not very practical, but I think that's the right idea. Start with the basics, baby steps if you will. I think my theme for this year should be 'baby steps'. But isn't this what I thought last year? So if baby steps is out then the only other path for change is fast and loose. Maybe George was right afterall. Maybe if I want to advance the sphere that is my world I'm going to have to break a few eggs. At this point, I want to be at a different point in my life at this same point next year. And don't care how I get at that point by that point. Are you getting my point? I suppose there's more than one way to skin a cat but don't care how that cat gets skinned just as long as it gets skinned. What I want to know is what sick country bumpkin likes to actually skin cats to the point where he realizes that there is more than one method and why there are enough ppl that aknowledged this fact to the point that it has become a cliche in modern usuage.

Speaking of surprising developements I've gotten my parents hooked on the Smallville Series. I had recently bought seasons 1 and 2. While I'm on episode 4 of the first season my mom is on episode 20 whilst my dad is well into season 2. Gotta go purchase #3 pretty soon.

Rhoel.

-Anything is within walking distance as long as you have the time.- Steven Wright.
-...do or do not, there is no try.-Yoda.