Thursday, February 03, 2005

license to chill...

So today I finally renewed my drivers license. It's been 2.5 years since it expired. So for everyone that's driven with my the last 2.5 years...oops. In that time I've rolled thru a dozen road blocks and been pulled over maybe twice and knowbody said anything. The first year I just acted all surprised when the cop pointed it out. This past year I've just started to drive slower and avoided driving downtown on the weekends. Apparently if I waited another couple of months to my b day then I would have had to have taken the road test over again. Wow. I wonder if I'd have to drive with one of those stylish L's or N's on my car. When it came time to renew my insurance I just went to one of those mom and pop shop insurance places in Richmond and distracted the semi cute Chinese girl with some sweet talk while she did up the paper work. Then I made it a point to remember her name (took her card) and only went back to her. Insuring 3 different cars 3 months at a time I saw her quit a bit. Probably the most significant relationship I've had in a while.

I'm actually enjoying life without goatee. It feels cleaner and it only takes me like 30 seconds to shave. What do you guys think? Goatee, yay or nay? Polls close one week from today.

DVD obsession update. I'm now into Season 3 of Smallville, I'm trying to slow down my intake to let season 3 last a little longer. I'm done OC and am thinking about starting up Dark Angel again (I only got 3-4 episodes in when I bought it last year). My bro is planning on buying up the 24 series and according to many it is quit addicting.

As for current shows, is anyone else loving the new Battlestar Galactica? Isn't if funny how Caprica City looks exactly like Metropolis and Vancouver respectfully??? As for Smallville season 4, I'm so glad they brought back that totally hot teleporting blonde girl. A better fit for Clark than Lana Lang. Speaking of brining back characters this season's OC lack any kind of tension or conflict. I think they painted themselves into a corner when everyone became friends towards the end of season 1. They need to bring back Holly ('cause she's hot) and all of Summers hottie friends from season one. They also need to bring back Luke, Anna and Oliver. And get rid of DJ and (Summer's new BF). Some idea arc's I would pitch. Oliver and Luke become allies against Ryan (enemy of my enemy is my friend). Ryan hooks up with Summer (she liked him in the pilot till she found out he was from Chino). Ryan and Seth fight (maybe over Summer) I mean no family grows up without feuding.

That's all for now. Rhoel.