Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Houston...we may have a problem...

All of Sunday I may subconsciously have known something was wrong, I kept finding myself flexing my right foot against the floor for some reason. You know when one pushes the tops of the toes against the floor to stretch out the front of the ankle? Well come Monday morning the ball of my foot hurt like a mofo on the inside near the big toe. My first thought was "shite I have gout". My oldest and youngest brothers are afflicted with gout. But as it was described to me the symtoms didn't quite match. Actually what it feels like is 'turf toe'. I got that once in hs playing on the shitty astro turf at the old Empire Stadium (and yes I realize that totally dates my experience). So what did I do? I messaged it till it didn't hurt and proceeded with my Monday routine that involves alot of squats and lunges. I walked on it all day and now most of my foot feels numb. Shite, we have a show on thurs.

So Mel and Cristina met someone on their list. Actually I'm pretty sure it was Nick that pointed him out to everyone. I think a few of the Plastics are now contemplating lists now that they know what 'The List' is. It got me to thinking about my list, which I haven't thought about in a while. I work under the assumption that once the roster card is submitted that no changes can be made till the next game. So even thou slots 1-3 are automatically reserved for the core 4 and 5 on the depth chart should be held for the phenomenal rookie or high priced veteran. It wasn't till 2 days later, today while I was contemplating my foot, that I realized that the list currently doesn't apply to me as I am between games; or in the off season if you will as I am currently unattached. The world is my oyster, thou I don't really like oysters or seafood in general for that matter. If I actually met someone on my list I would probably just drool on myself and start making yummy noises. I hate that! Actually I have met someone that is on my list... Rhoel.

-Nothing hurts me, only pain-Conan the Barbarian.