Friday, June 24, 2005

Keeping up with the Cruz's

The Gary and Bev variety. I'm going to take a week, try to write something substantial every day and see if I can get a rhythm going. Think of this as an experiment as I'm in front of the computer almost everyday. A few things that may derail this train, the fact that it is summer and I may not be in front of the comp as much as the rest of the year, during production when all the computers are actually doing work, during the weekends when my brain has checked out. I think a week is a good goal with getting thru this first weekend as the initial challenge. Starting now.

Hitch

Reading Randy's blog got me thinking about my own personal rules of dating. Every once in a while a movie comes out and tries to spell out the rules of dating like a film version of "Dating for Dummies". I recently watched Hitch. As I don't like to spoil movies for ppl (one of my biggest pet peeves) I'll just say that the movie was funny as hell. As for the dating advice, I thought it was kinda corny. Another movie that comes to mind was Swingers, wait 3 days to call her back. As a movie I thought it rocked. It was money baby. I think every guy in the world now thinks that 3 days is the right time to call back. I wonder what a girl would think about that?

As for my own personal rules. I don't think I have any. I mean I suppose it would be easier to have set of guidelines to help, but I think rules are too specific for too broad of an application, which in my opinion is why they rarely work. With me its more of a fluid progression. Like playing quarterback:
-a play is called on the probability of a certain defence.
-you saddle up and try to read the formation of the d and adjust accordingly, even audible.
-during the play you make your reads and you progress from one option to the other until the point comes were you commit to an action then for good or bad you let fly.
-Huddle!!!

Reading Randy's plight on his third date encounter reminds me of how unfulfilled my own personal life is and how far away I am from being in an adult relationship. In fact I've only very recently began considering myself an adult. I think in modern dating practices the third date is the make-it or break it moment. I think with me I pretty much know almost immediately if I want to seek a relationship with someone or if I want to just get some. If it's a relationship I have to start to think and stuff, maybe take a step back and formulate and strategize (I'm a sucky strategist). Otherwise just jump in...head first... .I actually like it when the girl does all the strategizing and I just act all surprised when the trap is sprung. Easier that way I suppose.

For the rest of the summer I pledge to go out more to chill with ppl and to date way more. This I decree.

Rhoel

-He who hesitates masterbates.-a blind wise man.