Thursday, June 30, 2005

Goldfinger

I once again immpose the "today ends when I close my eyes" clause. Lets see where this leads us. When I started yesterdays blog entry I had something entirely different in mind. And then it became what it became. Today is the second to last blog entry in the self imposed week of writing. As I was explaining to Bev and Gary I'm not doing this out of any sense of peer pressure or anything. I just needed an excuse to exercise my writing muscle. Necessity is the mother of invention. A plan without a deadline is just wishful thinking. etc etc cliche cliche. With me I find I do my best work when a little pressure is applied. And in my pressure free world I felt my creativity left wanting. Kinda like when I stop reading regularly my vocab reverts to grunting.

Yesterday I felt goofy, and kinda horny which may explain the unexpected tangent my thoughts traveled. Tonight I feel tired and lazy. Like I said, suddenly I've been really busy. It's amazing how busy one can get when one has nothing to do. I really thought today was gonna suck ass but as they say, life happens when....

EDIT: I had written this long ass description of my day on how it started out really sucky then ended up a little bit of all right. Question: did you ever have a day when everything you touched turned to gold???

Love comes in spurts.

If you take a small sample, say a small time interval, you may see chaos. If you lengthen the time interval you may see some pattern emerge. With me usually I'm alone and don't meet anyone for long periods of time then suddenly I meet a lot of ppl in a very very short period of time, like all in one day. Like today. Lets see how I screw this one up. I give myself a week.

Did I ever tell you about the time I had one date on the Saturday and one date on Valentines day? It wasn't till the Thursday did I figure out that Valentines day was on Saturday... To make a long storey short I tried to cancel both but couldn't, so I figured out an early dinner and a late movie. Dinner went well and long. Date asks, 'why you looking at your watch every five minutes, do you have another date or something?'. I can't lie. End of date. Felt so guilty that I had a terrible time at the movies. I believe one is now engaged and the other has a kid. Fact check: Looking at the calendar this 'Saturday Valentines day' must have either been 2 years ago or 9 years ago. I seem to remember it was about 4-5 years ago so it probably wasn't a Saturday.

Did I ever tell you about the worse date I ever had? I had met this girl, lets call her L.L. She was probably the third hottest girl I've ever met. Lets make this quick to save some pain. (Most of the following are excerpts from imaginary transcript from her cell phone at various time index or direct quotes from her) Pick me up at 10 after work. I work at Richmond Centre. It's the mall on 3 rd. It's 11 where are you? What do you mean you can't find the theatres? Oh you must be at the other mall on 3 rd. What? You're at the airport? Oh you accidentally found the mall? What? You locked your keys in the car? The spare is in Surrey, I'll drive. It's like 1 what's still open? White Spot it is. *Wet Kiss* I had a really good time call me tomorrow.

The problem was that I was so embarrassed by the whole Mr Bean like Odyssey that I never called her again. Sometimes I wonder.

Rhoel.

Love is a smoke rais'd with the fume of sighs;
Being purg'd, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes;
being vex'd, a sea nourish'd with lovers' tears;
What is it else? a madness most discreet,
A choking gall and a peserving sweet- Romeo and Juliet Act I Scene I