Friday, December 02, 2005

Oh the weather outside is frightful...

...and the snow is so...frightful.

So it snowed. Then it snowed again. And instead of washing away, it snowed again. Is it too early to be hopeful of a white Christmas?

After the first day of snow I decided to stay home and wait it out. Then I realized I had to return my movie and then proceeded to have a hard time getting off the property in my Expedition...in 4wd no less.

The worst snow storm I remember was when I was about 3 or 4. The whole family was trapped in our house for like 2 days but when Christmas came it was decided we would walk to my Aunts house. All I remember was being really scared because the snow was up to my hips and that there weren't any cars on the roads. I also remember just wanting to go home with my mom bribing me with toys if I stopped crying. It was about a two mile walk. And I walked most of it when my dad got tired carrying me. At some point I realized it was shorter there than it was to go home and my parents looked kinda scared for me so I stopped crying. When we arrived I was surprised to find my whole family had made the trek. All my aunts, uncles and cousins made it. As it turns out we were trapped there for so long that I don't remember going home for New Years. It was like a big party for like a week. It was a week of playing with new toys and playing in the snow. I think that was my favorite Christmas as a child. But then again I barely remember anything from when I was that young.

I think Vancouver averages a white Christmas once every 10 or so years. My two cousins from the Phils just moved to Vancouver and were so exited to see snow. They somehow had it in their head that Christmas=snow and had circled it on their calendars even thou it was looking to be a wet Christmas and that the previous was a white Christmas. Miracle of miracles their first Christmas in Canada was a white one when it snowed Christmas eve.

I went with my brother when he bought all new snow board gear. It kinda made me want to get back into it. If I do thou I'm gonna have to buy some new boots, and some other assorted new gear because when I moved I saw only one of my boots, and I can't remember the last time I saw my outer gear. I think maybe I just want to buy the gear. Besides my old stuff is so heavy compared to my bro's new stuff.

Who can believe the early Christmas present to all you Shark Fans. Joe Thorton is going to be your superstar player for the next 10 plus years. How the hell did Stuart and Strum (Premeau is a fringe throw in, maybe to absorb some salary) equal Throton? Dang I'm envious, if I were to have one player for my Canucks it would be him. We've had more than our share of rediulously lop sided trades, (Naslund and Bertuzzi come to mind) but how sweet would Joe look in midnight blue? It's cool. the Sharks are my third favorite team.

sorry for blog slacking lately, but I haven't been in the writing mood lately. I think I'm getting the holiday blues a little early. The holidays can be lonely for a single ROckstar.

Rhoel.

"I'm dreaming of a whhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiite, wommmmmmmmen!!!"- My uncle Fernando.