Saturday, February 04, 2006

Finally

Superbowl eve. A Superbowl I care about. Usually this time of year I look at the super bowl as just another reason to get together to drink and eat chili dogs with a side of chili. I'm so exited that I haven't been sleeping well all week. In fact, I'm skipping KP. I plan on having a buzz on by 2 o'clock tomorrow. The Canucks have this thing when they make it to the finals every 12 years, so we're due this year. the Seahawks have never been to the finals. None of my teams have ever won a championship. The Vancouver Millionaires won the cup in the early 1900's so that doesn't count. The Lions winning the Grey cup a few times isn't quite the same 'cause there's like only 9 teams in the league and they all kinda just take turns winning it (not really, but kinda).

Don't Believe the Hype

The entire planet outside of Washington state, BC and Alaska have the Steelers taking the Superbowl. This reminds me of game 5 of the '94 Stanley cup when Rangers fans were paying 5 grand a seat to watch the home team end their 1940 curse only to have those dastardly Canucks come in and ruin everything. If I'm not mistaken, we crushed them that game and took game 6 too. It's not only the picking of the Steelers, but the refusal to concede that the 'Hawks even have a chance. By my count the teams are very evenly matched, actually I think the 'Hawks have the edge. People forget that the Steelers struggled all year and just got hot at the right time.

Steelers win if they can counter the Hawks pressure and throw deep.

Hawks win if they can control the ball on O and out play the Steelers O line.

Shy.