Tuesday, May 09, 2006

If you ever see me in church...and I happen to be smiling...

I'm not religious at all, but my parents are so from time to time you'll see me at church, usually a BLD related function. As a kid my mom made me go to church till I was about 10 or 11. Of course as soon as I arrived I'd immediately start to day dream. As soon as I'd hear the word, 'miracle' or something of the like I'd start thinking about how I'd react if I actually saw someone part an ocean or walk on water, or turn water into beer. So as a consequence in my adult life every time I go to church this same thing always happens to me. I think about how everyone around me would react if I started to float in mid air, or if I started shooting lightning out of my eyes...then I start to smile uncontrollably trying not to laugh. LOL. This thought usually happens whenever I bow my head and close my eyes. I spent my weekend helping out for the BLD Singles Encounter weekend. I did a lot of smiling.

A few things I've been wondering about lately:

-In movies they do things like "throw drinks" in ppls faces, and other grand gestures that personally have never seen. If I ever saw that my first thought would be "What a waste of a 6 dollar drink, she should have asked for a glass of water before she became outraged!" I have never seen someone or heard of anyone proposing by putting a ring in the food. If I ever saw that I'd think 'pure cheese, if I was her I'd say no just on that bases alone.' How about the girl that storms out during dinner. If I'm getting a free meal I'd storm out afterwards. Or slaps someone in the face. If some bitch slapped me in the face I'm slapping her back. Or how about that moment of attraction when they have "the long stare" and the proverbial violinist appears beside the table. If I'm staring deeply into someone's eyes for more than like two seconds I'm either going in for the kiss or I'm changing the subject. Or how about the beat before the moment of attraction when your true true love shows up to save you from a lifetime of misery and your realize "how can I have been so wrong?". Or how about the lonely guy at the bar getting drunk because of a girl and the bar tender giving him an epiphany. That guy is a loser, no wonder he got dumped and the bartender is thinking the same thing too. Do these things ever happen? At what point does one say "Hold it now, that's completely unrealistic, even thou I've seen it in the movies a million times I just don't buy it." I wonder how many ppl do things only because they'd seen it in a movie?

-What exactly is a 'dumb fuck'? Isn't a fuck a fuck? And is it not generally a good thing? Shouldn't 'dumb fuck' be another word for 'easy'?
-How about the saying "are you shitting me?" What exactly does that mean? That's ok I think I've only heard white ppl say that, or ppl from Cloverdale and beyond.
-Do ppl actually tell the priest EVERYTHING at confession? Like if you killed someone would you tell him? Or if you cheated on your diet with 15 french fries, would you tell him?

Rhoel

-All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.-
-What's another word for Thesaurus?-Steven Wright