Tuesday, May 30, 2006

What if I was Jack Bauer...

I just finished watching Day 5 of 24. I love that show. It's the best show ever. To my horror I missed 3 episodes, the last 15 mins of another and had two doubles. I read somewhere that fox will be rebroadcasting them 2 hours at a time starting in July. When does those damn DVD's come out? Last night I had a dream that I was Jack Bauer...

*cue dream sequence special effect*

My name is Jack Bauer, today has been the longest day of my life. Now that the day is over, I'd like to spend an episode blogging about it. Today started off just like any other day then...
-I flew two helicopters.
-I talked to the President of the United States 18 times.
-My daughter was kidnapped and rescued 3 times.
-She got attacked by a cougar twice.
-I was accused and acquitted of assassinating a former President of the United States twice.
-I drove five different coloured Ford Expeditions.
-I secretly boarded, hi-jacked and landed a foreign ministers jet on the freeway.
-My wife visited me at work 8 times.
-I drew my gun 4 times and killed 18 ppl whilst wounding several others.
-My wife was killed by a former girl friend.
-I did not sleep, eat, or use the bathroom.
-I acquired and lost a vital piece of evidence 14 times.
-I got in two car accidents.
-I changed my cloths 3 times.
-I talked on my cell phone 84 times while only talking to 4 different ppl.
-I got in five fights.
...so basically it was just like any other day.

If I was really Jack Bauer this is how my season would really play out.

The following happens between 12am-1am.
Season opener entitled "I Go To Sleep."
Between 1am-2am "I'm Still Sleeping"
Between 2am-3am "I'm Still Sleeping Part 2"
Between 3am-4am "I'm Still Sleeping Part 3"
Between 4am-5am "I'm Still Sleeping Part 4"

At this point the series probably gets cancelled. I suppose I could start the season with me waking up and making breakfast as I check my e-mail. But then the Season Finale would be me going to bed.

So I met the Prime Minister of Canada. It was pretty boring. Me and one of my writers get there early to go through security which consisted of an RCMP officer giving me the hairy eyeball while I talked on the phone. Supposedly he was supposed to inspect my gear and press credentials, which I printed on my computer an hour earlier. I listened to some speeches, I took a lot of pictures. I watched him walk around kissing babies. Ate some crappy food. That was about it.

I'm getting kinda tired, I think I'll take a nap for an episode before going for a run for an episode and then maybe watch some TV for a couple of episodes.

Rhoel.