Thursday, May 25, 2006

Prime Time

Apparently I'm meeting the Prime Minister of Canada tomorrow. Apparently I'm covering a dinner he'll be attending. I could tell you details, but I'd have to kill you...apparently. Speaking of Heads of State, now that the season of 24 is over my brother and I started watching the episodes I've been collecting. There's no way I can watch this show from week to week. There's no way. We're at about 9 pm and all I have to say is that I want to kick President Logan in the nuts. He's proof positive that one can achieve anything if one has the right ppl around him, no matter how much of an incompetent jack ass one is. Without spoiling it for anyone who follows the show and hasn't seen this season yet...his character is about to get very interesting I think.

Of all the Prime Ministers and Presidents I've met my favorite was this kid named Freddy. He was the Prime Minister of my school when I was a junior. We were in Drama Club together and we actually liked to partner together when we did excercises, we actually had a talented bunch. I think our class held the record of causing 3 mental breakdowns in one semester for substitute teachers. One of us even made it to Hollywood, Kristen. She was in "Dog Park", "Way of the Gun" a few others, all the local TV shows, X-files etc. All I remember of Kristen was that she was hot, the kind of hot that was uber intimidating. But she was taller than me and therefore never really an option, not that I orbited in her stratosphere anyways. She was more a friend of one of my best friends Tom McIntyre, whom I also saw on TV a few years ago. Except he was on TV because he was a dumb ass that went snow boarding out of bounds and got lost for a few days. One of us I saw the other day was headlining at the Giggle Dam. And then there was Freddy. Freddy has been in tons of movies, bit parts in "A Guy Thing", "Just Friends" but his true claim to fame is "Corner Gas" a Canadian TV show.

When I first met him I thought he was Howie Mandel's clone. I heard about his legendary Prime Minister's debate the previous year. Instead of debating the topics he did a stand up routine that won him the election by a landslide. I've met a lot of famous ppl lots of Phillipine Hollywood types, but most I met after they had become famous. It's cool that I met a few that I can say, I knew them when...

One of my life goals is to live without regrets. One of the regrets I can never fix was that I never pursued acting. Not that I think that I'd be any good or anything, it's just that it was something I really liked and I never even tried. The fact that I'm a crappy liar probably tips my hand that I'd most likely be a very bad actor (perhaps I'm not committed to the material?). I think that dancing somewhat makes up for this regret. When I'm on stage I get a little taste of what I'm missing. This is why I feel so grateful and fortunate that dancing found me. But anytime I see either Kristen or Freddy on TV or film I'm happy that some of us made it but at the same time I'm reminded of what could have been. Hopefully no regrets.

Rhoel.

You know how it is when you decide to lie and say the check is in the mail, and
then you remember it really is? I'm like that all the time.
-- Steven Wright