Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Do do do do Do do do do...

This is Rhoel Juatco,
seeker of truth and, regrettably,
finder of truth. A man who will shortly
confront a problem that has tormented mankind since
the beginning of time....

... A man who knocked on a door seeking
sanctuary and found instead the outer edges
of
the Friend Zone.


After practice on Sunday a bunch of the KPeeps went to English Bay and had a little picnic. We ate, sang songs to a guitar. Wil Worked, Randy poured over the cast list going crazy with a pen. I myself had a Fatburger with cheese, chili and bacon with skinny fries and a Barq's. So, I finally sampled the much fabled Fatburger. Not bad, I'd say it's worth the 10 bucks for the meal. Personally I think Reds is better. Next time I wanna try the milk shake. At one point Randy gets off the phone and says something to the effect, "how do you get out of the friend zone?'

Category 1, became a friends first. In my history there are few times when I was friends with someone first before I wanted to hook up with them. This is usually a schoolmate, a co-worker, fellow performer etc. And out of these many of them are category 2, which is became a friend after. More than likely I became friends with someone in order to try to hook up with them at some point down the road. In either case, the friend zone for me is a black hole, where not even light can escape. I'm trying to think back and I can't remember hooking up with a long time friend, not to say that it will never happen, but history speaks for itself. I think with me my problem is I have a tendency to think myself into inaction. I always use the analogy of jumping into a pool head first . If I don't act on the initial impulse I may never get in the pool...unless someone pushes me.

My theory of getting out of the friend zone is a quantum leap. Something that changes everything. A cosmic kick in the arse or push from behind. Anything to jolt the relationship into a higher orbit. What that can be, only you can know. I obviously don't know.

BTW, on a related topic for anyone who hasn't watched 'Just Friends' I suggest you go out and rent/buy it right now.

FYI.

ef·fer·vesce: intr.v. ef·fer·vesced, ef·fer·vesc·ing, ef·fer·vesc·es

1.To emit small bubbles of gas, as a carbonated or fermenting liquid.
2.To escape from a liquid as bubbles; bubble up.
3.To show high spirits or animation.

effer·vescence or effer·vescen·cy n.
effer·vescent adj.
effer·vescent·ly adv.

Rhoel.

On the other hand, you have different fingers. -- Steven Wright