Monday, October 16, 2006

The Morning After...

...is usually one sleep after la Noche before.

So I woke up from a wonderful dream that day five. As it turns out it would be my last good night sleep. So I get up and go about my business as usual. By this time Pat and I are well into our habit of sleeping through breakfast, in time to get ready in time for lunch and off to work. Have you had a dream so vivid that at some point the next day you momentarily wonder if it really happened? All that next morning I kept getting that sneaking feeling that something significant happened and I missed it.

Off to Festivalhal for costumes and props and then a ride with Walter to Hotel Ter Elst for stage blocking and run through. When I arrived I was leary of looking anyone in the eye just in case I did something wrong la noche before because usually when I wake up with alcohol induced amnesia I generally assume my brain is saving my sanity from some sort of trauma. Sicily was doing a run throu, I don't know why considering they were doing the same show...yet again...and I found it slightly tragic how BMOC had to illicit "applause" on cue. Even from spot in the middle of the theatre I was getting a weird vibe coming from the stage. This is the morning when BMOC stood in Iris's face when she was practicing Sinkil in the hall and stared her down. One version I heard had her calling him a 'shite head' under her breath but she kinda denied it when I asked her. When our time came to mount the stage I tried to approach Alyssa but she sort of just shook her finger at me and mouthed 'bad boy' as she smiled and walked away for the last time. As it turns out that would be the last I would make eye contact with her. Iris told me that Alyssa gave me a really evil look when I turned around. BMOC tried to eyeball me but I just brushed right past him like he wasn't there. It was at this point I tried to remember wtf happened the night before. As it turn out I remembered what happened the night before but apparently it was more of a big deal than I remembered. Apparently I was remember the Cliff's Notes version. Even Claudio wouldn't talk to me, normally that dude is a chatterbox. I started to get the feeling that BMOC ripped into his dancers because of the night before.

The run thru was fine, I noticed the bamboo's sounded awesome on the stage. I also noticed at some point that there were a lot of dancers from the other groups and various other ppl in the theatre and they were applauding us as if we were already performing. We left our stuff there and we went back to festivalhal, Cristina and a few others even tried to walk back when we were left short of rides. They eventually got picked up.

Because there was limited space at the theatre the groups got bussed back and forth in shifts. Prep at the Hall, bussed to the theatre, performance, then bus back. That day we actually did a meeting in costume on the bus. We performed Gala that night for old people. From what I remember we killed it. I think that was the performance that really got people buzzing about KP. We started getting accolades from the theatre director saying we were the most professional group. We were told how it was professional how we could party all night, but know when to turn it on at performance time, things of that sort. That was also the day that Edric became even more annoying than usual making yet another big deal about the pandango glasses. At least he wasn't making a big deal out of the Med kits. It was at this point I felt I may actually kill Edric at some point during our group backpacking trip after the tour.

After bussing back to the Hall most of the group went there separate ways, but a few of us chilled at the side of the hall using our free drink passes drinking and gossiping. Me, Pat, Pam, CC, Eye, Crispy, Jenilee, Jamille, RomeHo...I'm sure there were a few others did some chillaxing. We went over what happened the night before mostly, they filled in my memory gaps. Pat couldn't find enough people to tell how I slept snoring a storm the night before with an evil smile on my face, scratching myself (not what you think, but suggesting what you're probably thinking. Memorable moments: Pretzel Sinkil and Vinta. Boy Friend/Girl Friend. Re-inactment of Jamille in the box. Beer differential count plus one. This is the night that I found out Romeo was also counting the different types of beer he was trying and he was beating me by like five. I decided that I would close the gap even if it would deprive me of my Kriek. While we were chillin like villains BMOC was holding court in what looked like a very intense meeting. What a tool.

On the way home I ran into Claudio and he started telling me that Italian girls didn't give up the goods. At first I didn't know what the hell he was talking about because I just assumed it was a lost in translation moment till I figured out that he was talking about Alyssa and that she wasn't pleased about my performance the night before which I found ironic because part of the reason I started boozing hard core the night before was becaue everytime I went to talk to her she was glued to every other Italian dude, which slightly upset me in my inebriated frame of mind. My answer to the situation? Drink more! This actually works for many situations. Which further distorted my point of view. It's a vicious circle. Now that I think about it I may have been wrong about that whole thing. So that closed the chapter on that. Very regrettable. Not what I did because I did what I did and I did it. Regrettable because there are better ways and other ppl I'd rather waste my time on. I was under the impression that there would be other chances to socialize but as it turns out that was it.

I really got to get thru blogging about the tour so I can get onto the more interesting stuff that happened backpacking. Later on this week I'll try to knock out the rest of the tour real quick like 'cause I'm loosing my motivation and I'm having a harder time remember why back then.

Rhoel.

-We're caught in a trap
I can't walk out
Because I love you too much baby

Why can't you see
What you're doing to me
When you don't believe a word I say?-

Suspicious Minds- Elvis Presley